Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Magical isle

When I was around five or six years old, I remember my parents went to Home depot to get a new light fixture to go above our dining room table. I remember walking down the isle where your surrounded by lights, some on the shelves, others hanging from the walls. And I recall standing in awe of my surroundings, thinking I was in some magical place. I would stand there looking up at all the beautiful ornaments that hung from the chandeliers, and never wanting to leave. It may sound silly to you, but to this day If I go back to the light fixture isle I still feel like it's magical, and I still get that childish feeling of awe as I stand there. But I'm glad I do, I'm glad I haven't lost my imagination and excitement for life. Since when did growing up mean you lost your sense of wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment